Friday, May 25, 2012

Facial Care

Pasted Graphic.tiff
Pasted Graphic 2.tiffDaily facial cleansing depends on your your skin type and what works for you.  To keep your face looking youthful; you need to properly cleanse, exfoliate and moisturize.  For me; I follow a simple daily facial cleansing routine.  I cleanse and exfoliate daily and simultaneously, with a CVS Pharmacy brand - deep cleansing, exfoliating scrub which gives me that radiant glow. The oil free formula cleanses pores deep down while exfoliating skin, the gentle micro scrubbers soften skin and remove dirt, oil and makeup without over drying.  The cooling sensation gives my face that refreshing tingle that I need in the morning .   Exfoliating is extremely important since it removes dull, dry, dead skin…..they say the reason men's skin look more youthful than women is because they shave every day;  well women lets keep up and exfoliate every day :). I am no expert but apart from being blessed with great skin, this cleanser and exfoliator works miracles for me and I don't have to spend a lot on it. I have never had issues with pimples or acne….knock on wood :); but I see no reason to spend a ton on expensive cleansers, they do the same job, just avoid using bar soaps on your face.  After cleansing I moisturize with Olay total effects 7 in 1 anti-aging moisturizer and Vaseline Petroleum Jelly at nights and in the winter;  it gives my skin that nice moist glow and gets rid  of any dry patches that can develop with face powder.  Olay total effects used as a daily moisturizer helps you to achieve visibly younger looking skin and build skin's resilience toward the effects of aging.  It is fast absorbing, oil free and won't clog your pores.  It also comes with a touch of foundation if you like.  Simple straight forward and inexpensive.  At some point I think I will have to invest in some eye cream to minimize those fine lines and wrinkles but for now my Olay total effects and vaseline seem to be working for me.  Some may disagree but for me this is what works for my skin.  
Pasted Graphic 1.tiff



2 comments:

Thea the Bee said...

Well, I must say that it certainly looks like your regimen is working for you! Your skin looks gorgeous.

I like the Shea Moisture face wash, but I follow up with Eucerin non-comedogenic moisturizer when I'm going out. I have started using coconut oil when I'm staying in, going to bed or the gym, and esp at nights. So far, I'm loving the way it moisturizes my face, because most other products either add to my already acne prone skin, or leave my face feeling tight and dry.

Thanks for sharing Issabela.

Issabela said...

Hi Thea,

Thanks for commenting, it is all about what works for your skin, you have to know what works and stick with it. I have also tried many products that have had negative effects on my skin; but have been with this one for quite sometime and will stick for now. I also use organic coconut oil, for facial moisturizing, among other things :) ....which I will leave for another post!